Provides Fresh Insights Into How a New Class of Cut-Sheet Color Inkjet Printing Systems Is Transforming the Digital Print Market Due to Innovations in Speed, Productivity and Running Costs
MINNEAPOLIS, MN – May 26, 2016 – Delphax Technologies Inc. (OTC PINK: DLPX), a global provider of high-speed digital color printing systems and exhibitor at Drupa 2016, today announced a new white paper titled “High-speed Inkjet Innovation” by InfoTrends, the leading worldwide market research and strategic consulting firm for the imaging, document solutions, production print, and digital media industries, that explores how end users can tap the Delphax elan™ 500 to take part in the inkjet revolution. The white paper was developed to help direct mail, book publishers, transactional and security document companies understand the ways in which they can leverage a new class of inkjet printing systems to gain critical business insights about smarter color inkjet printing and increased productivity.
According to Jim Hamilton, Group Director of InfoTrends and author of the white paper, “High-speed color inkjet products have entered the market and are operating at high productivity and low running cost levels. They have mostly been successful in continuous-feed designs that cost more than a million dollars. That being said, a new class of products is entering the market at lower price points. This is opening up opportunities for print service providers in new and exciting ways.”
Continued Mr. Hamilton, “One example of this class of products is the Delphax elan 500, a cut-sheet color inkjet printer capable of handling sheets sizes much larger than most production color digital print products. The elan 500 is disruptive because of its capital acquisition and running costs, its unique format, its speed, and its suitability for a range of print applications.”
InfoTrends White Paper Key Findings
- InfoTrends defines the ‘Zone of Disruption’ as the class of high-speed and cost-effective color inkjet products with acquisition prices less than $1 million USD, high levels of productivity, and a running cost model below that of toner-based products.
- With a list price of $595,000 and speeds up to 500 letter images per minute, the Delphax elan 500 fits squarely in the Zone of Disruption.
- The larger format size of the Delphax elan 500 opens up some production and application opportunities that are not possible with smaller format devices (for example, two-up impositions of legal size direct mail pieces).
- In addition to format, other key differentiators of the elan 500 include its high-resolution Memjet (www.memjet.com) 1600 DPI inkjet print heads, its optional ability to print up to six colors or effects (including MICR), its configurability for special applications, and its high-speed sheet feeder developed by BDT (www.bdt.de), whose Tornado airflow-based media handling technology supports a large variety of substrate types, sizes and weights.
InfoTrends White Paper Key Recommendations
- Users interested in inkjet need to identify the right application fit. Inkjet technology has significant advantages for direct mail, financial documents (like bills and statements), and books, particularly on uncoated papers with lower ink coverage. Innovative users are also finding other applications to help drive volume.
- Print service providers should take advantage of the benefits of high-volume color digital print for offset pre-printed shell replacement, effective use of variable content, and the ability to produce applications, either on demand or just-in-time.
- Print service providers using inkjet need to work closely with their customers (and the designers who submit files) to ensure that they understand the production requirements.
“With the significant amounts of print materials generated every day, it is more important than ever for companies to acquire the printing equipment and technology necessary to gain a business advantage and execute smarter color printing,” said Steve Hubbard, Vice President of Sales and Marketing of Delphax Technologies Inc. for US and European markets. “We believe that direct mail, transactional, book publishers and security document companies need to understand and empower themselves with the wealth of insights available to them through the power of a new class of color inkjet printing systems like the elan 500 that are showcased in this white paper, and how it can transform them as it is transforming the digital print market due to innovations in speed, productivity, print quality and running costs.”
To download a complimentary copy of the white paper, click here”High-speed Inkjet Innovation” and learn how Prime Data, Inc., an innovative Canadian provider of data-driven marketing services, leveraged the elan 500’s capabilities to automate production, thereby eliminating pre-printed offset shells, taking advantage of the ability to use variable color in innovative ways, and generating new streams of revenue.
Delphax will be showcasing the Delphax elan™ 500, which is the world’s fastest cut-sheet color, inkjet printer in its class at the Drupa 2016 tradeshow in Dusseldorf, Germany from May 31 to June 10, 2016 – Hall 5 Booth C24. For parties interested in scheduling a demonstration at Drupa 2016, please visit www.delphaxelan.co.uk or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Jim Hamilton
Jim Hamilton is Group Director responsible for InfoTrends’ Production Hardware consulting services in the areas of production copying and digital printing, wide format, and labels & packaging. Mr. Hamilton is responsible for market research, providing forecast analysis, supporting the consulting service, and creating analysis reports.http://www.twitter.com/jrhinfotrends/
InfoTrends is the leading worldwide market research and strategic consulting firm for the imaging, document solutions, production print, and digital media industries. We provide insights and advice to help clients understand market trends, identify opportunities, and grow their business. Additional information about InfoTrends is available on the Web atwww.infotrends.com.
About Delphax Technologies Inc.
Delphax Technologies Inc. (OTC PINK: DLPX) is a global leader in the design, manufacture and delivery of advanced digital print production systems. For more than 35 years, Delphax has pioneered high-speed digital imaging innovations for publishers, direct marketers and other commercial print customers. For more information, please visit www.delphax.com.
818-821-7530 | email@example.com